Last modified: February 29, 2016
Plate Locate values its users' privacy and understands the importance of transparency in
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- How your information is secured.
- How to contact us.
Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us,
although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
“Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address
- your Plate Locate user ID and password
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, we will:
- not sell, rent or lease your information to a third party;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
We will not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, and with your direct authorization;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service; and
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Plate Locate, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Plate Locate collects personal information for the sole purpose of providing the services that you request. Personal and company names, email addresses, and phone numbers
are used to contact you in order to provide service. Personal information is never given to third parties without your consent.
Plate Locate uses "cookies" to store personal data on your computer. This information is stored on your computer to improve your experience while browsing our website.
The information is accessible only by our web servers, and not by other websites that you may visit. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed,
you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website.
Plate Locate takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Our servers reside in a
data center with multi-layer security control procedures to prevent physical access from unauthorized parties. All website data is protected using an industry standard secure socket layer (SSL)
certificate authority to ensure the identity of our website and to encrypt data being transmitted both directions. Industry standard firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software is used on all servers
and workstations. All access to confidential information is logged with user information, dates & times. Logs are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure no breach has occurred.
Subscription services are managed through Zoho.com
, and payment processing via Authorize.net
. Plate Locate does not store or access credit card billing information. Please review
the respective privacy policies for Zoho.com
for additional information.
LPR information is retained for a time period as mandated by applicable law in the jurisdiction where it is collected, processed, or sold. After the time period is expired,
the data is permanently deleted from the system. Reasonable measures have been employed to ensure the accuracy of LPR information, including manual human review and correction of data.
contact form on this website.